This will be the best year of my life!
This will be the best year of your Life
say it out loud!
This will be the best year of my life!
The 1st Thing you need to do.
Stop lying to yourself and others.
- You can't lie to yourself. I will start tomorrow. I can do it later. I am not that type of person. You won't start tomorrow. I won't do it later. You are that type of person.
- Don't Lie and Justify. Allow yourself to feel the pain of failure. Own it!
- Stop bouncing from one lie to another to yourself. Be honest with yourself. No matter what happens.
- You can't lie to others. The same people who believe your lies believe in you. Don't Lie to people who trust you and Don't Trust people lie.
Today is the last day of telling yourself and others little lies...
The 2nd Thing you need to do.
Get Clarity. Get Vision.
- You can't go anywhere if you can't see where you are going.
- High achievers have a Vision!
- Vision is how you stay inspired. You need push motivation and vision pull. You need vision and motivation.
- Get clear on the vision. Clear simple vision… Get Clear on two things.
- BIG PICTURE - the ultimate life you see for yourself. Grand Vision!
- DAY TO DAY - small steps forward.
Ask yourself. Why am I here? What is the conflict? What is your problem?
Don’t feel guilty about it. Conduct a self-evaluation. How can I adjust? What do I want? How do I get it? Stop yelling at yourself.
The 3rd thing you need to do.
Create Habits that drive your Goals.
- Don’t just set goals. Turn your goals into the habits that will actually get you there.
- Become focused on the Habit. Establish the Habits. Habits are hard to break. Change your Habits.
- Plans go against Habits. Changing your habits… IT is HARD.
- Focus on the work to do on a day to day basis. Establish the Habit.
SMALL HABITS DRIVE BIG GOALS.
Little tiny Habits cause bigger and better Goals.
Starting with 20 push-ups a day brings me closer to benching 400.
Once I learn how to sail a dinghy I will be more clear on how to Captain a Barque with three masts.
What is the one small habit I can start to change my programming to get down the path to reach the goal.
The 4th thing you need to do.
"One is Greater than 0"
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
- Let's Integrate Failure into your plan.
- Don't Get Caught up on Failures. Working out 1 day a week on a 5-day plan is better than a 0.
- Fail your way to success. Don't Scrap Plan because you Fail the Result. Fail Small to Win BIG!
- There is no makeup DAY!!! You miss out...then you miss out. Take the loss. Feel the pain.
The 5th thing you need to do.
Make Friends Seek Allies
- Friends say, “it's not your problem.” Allies say, “what is your problem?”
- Friends happy for who you are. Allies get excited for who you could be.
- Friends say it's Ok. Allies Call you OUT!
- Friends talk about Football games. Allies talk about Coaching a Team.
- Friends talk about purchases. Allies talk about investing.
The 6th thing you need to do.
Take a nice Mind Dump.
UNTANGLE YOUR MESSY MIND your brain is a mess. You might be anxious, worried, stressed, or so full of ideas that you can’t focus.
You need to get rid of the junk in your body. Take a nice mind dump.
All you do. Get your Coffee...before email..before device..etc.
THINK. "ALL THE THINGS A HAVE TO DO TODAY!"
Get that stuff out of your head on paper and contain it.
Contain your distractions.
DO THAT FIRST. Example
- Upcoming Las Vegas trip
- Camping and hiking
- My coworker Harry
Separate what you want to do ...and what you have to do.
Work on the GTD system. Getting things done...system.
The 7th thing you need to do.
Be an Effective Planner.
Short-term thinkers always lose. Shift your mentality into long-term thinking and win.
- Don't Focus on the Daily Routine, Think in weekly increments and plan for long term projects
- You can be on a day to day basis. but ineffective on a long-term basis.
- Focus Big Picture. Think Long term Steps. Not busy bee daily. Operate on Day to Day. Think LONG GAME.
- What do I want to get done this week? What to Achieve this month.
The 8th thing you need to do. GET STARTED!
Now. GO implement everything you’ve learned.
START HERE. What my best year look like? Look at 5 things.
- Health - Lose 30 lbs. etc..
- Wealth - financial goals
- Romance - Do something special. Write notes. Find love. Kindle love.
- Power - Better you skills. etc.
- Fame - Gain a good Reputation. Work on your relationships with others. Be well known in your neighborhood.
What are the goals within those things? Make one goal in each of these things.
You have your goals. How do you make these into Habits?